CK Group is recruiting for a Formulation Chemist to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Blackpool on a contract basis for 12 months and has a hourly rate of £9.00 PAYE.
Our client has one of the world's most comprehensive portfolios of orthopaedic and neuro products and services for joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neuro, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
Blackpool is a coastal resort on the Lancashire coast in North West England. The town is situated on the Irish Sea, 15 miles northwest of Preston, 27 miles north of Liverpool, 28 miles northwest of Bolton and 40 miles northwest of Manchester. Blackpool offers many attractions including Blackpool Tramway, Pleasure beach and Blackpool Tower. Blackpool can be reached via the M55 from the M6 and there are local bus services which run from Preston, Lancaster, Nelson, Southport and Fleetwood.
To perform a wide variety of testing, formulation and technical investigation work using well developed technical skills and a rigorous scientific approach, thereby supporting the company's core products and contributing to profitable growth.
- To perform a variety of laboratory testing including analytical, formulation, and mechanical-based methodologies.
- To generate high quality written work including maintaining an up to date lab book, writing protocols and reports, and managing raw data (recording, referencing and storing).
- To report the outcomes of all testing using appropriate formats and proactively present these to project leaders and managers along with scientific interpretations and recommendations for follow up work.
- To maintain the highest technical standards in laboratory areas, treating equipment with respect and ensuring maintenance, calibration, validation, HS&E and general housekeeping are maintained at all times
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Formulation, Bioscience, Polymer Science or related subject.
- Essential to demonstrate technical skills acquired in a relevant scientific role
- Desirable you have knowledge of the medical device or closely related healthcare etc industry
- Desirable to have experience working in a production/manufacturing environment.
- Application of Lean management techniques would be highly advantageous
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Lucy on 01438 870011 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 47706 in all correspondence.