Food Virology Business Manager - Gloucs
Naynesh Mistry at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Food Virology Business Manager to join a leading Food R&D company based in Gloucestershire on a permanent basis.
Job Summary: Undertake and be responsible for building a new business area around food-borne viruses. This will require vision and leadership in new business development and will include activities to meet our clients' needs in relation to research, analysis and testing, consultancy support and knowledge management.As a Food Virology Business Manager your responsibilities will be:
- To drive the continuing expansion the new area of food virology within the company by combining technical expertise and credibility with excellent commercial awareness.
- To act as the focal point for all matters relating to food safety issues concerning viruses. This would require extensive contact with the food and associated industries, and an ability to provide fast well directed responses to questions.
- To provide expert support to the Analytical teams providing virus testing services to industry.
- To work with other teams within the Microbiology Department and consider the effects of intrinsic and extrinsic food factors on the survival and inactivation of viruses.
- To be able to take part in Industry Risk Assessments, providing potential risk management strategies to reduce the food safety risk of foodborne viruses.
- To be able to work with other researchers in the field, developing ideas and projects, providing information that could fill knowledge gaps, and help the industry to ensure products were free from infective viruses.
The successful Food Virology Business Manager will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Degree in microbiology/virology. Postgraduate experience/qualification(PhD) in virology
- Proven business development and management skills
- Experience in handling, culturing and defining control parameters for viruses
- Proven effectiveness in managing timely and cost-effective delivery of technical services/research outputs.
- Competence in team development and management of staff and resource utilisation.
- Commercial and financial awareness relevant to the marketing and selling of services.
- Well-developed communication skills - report writing, presentation skills to groups with different knowledge bases (industrial technical staff through to Research virologists)
The successful Food Virology Business Manager will be based in Gloucestershire on a full-time, permanent basis. In this role you will be joining one of the leading Food and Drinks R&D companies in the UK with excellent benefits.
To apply for this Food Virology Business Manager position contact Naynesh Mistry via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01246 457700. Alternatively, please click on the link below.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH34715 in all correspondence.