Food Technologist - Gloucestershire
Asad Karim at CK Science is recruiting for a Food Technologist to join a company within the food and drinks industry sector, to be based at their site based in Gloucestershire on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate should have a background in food technology, chemical engineering or a related discipline.
Our client provides scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide. The practical application of technical excellence lies at the heart of all that they do, and is supported by industry-leading facilities, expertise and knowledge. Their activities are built on an extensive programme of research and innovation steered by industry to ensure maximum commercial relevance.
This role will be based at their site in Gloucestershire, but could require from time to time travel to other Group sites.
This role's main purpose is provide technical inputs on emerging processing technologies such as high pressure processing, ultra sound and microwave processing. The main areas of focus for this role would be to provide training and research for emerging processing technologies.
Other responsibilities in this role:
- Coordinate and carry out practical work to agreed protocols and procedures within agreed time frames.
- Hands on practical work on research and contract projects relating to activities across the department but with an anticipated focus on new processing technologies.
- Answering member enquiries.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Degree in Food Technology, Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Basic knowledge of food manufacturing and unit operations across the food sector is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of new food processing technologies is desirable but not essential.
- Good verbal and communication skills to form good client relationship.
- Effective time management skills relating to effective delivery and business practices.
- Full UK/EU driving licence and be eligible to work and travel freely within the EU.
- 24 days annual leave.
- Pension Scheme.
- Permanent health scheme.
- Onsite subsidised restaurant.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Asad on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com or please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45318 in all correspondence.