Food Pathogen Laboratory Supervisor - Staffs.
Naynesh Mistry and Brona Law at CK Science are recruiting for a Food Pathogen Laboratory Supervisor to join a global testing company based in Staffordshire, on a full time, permanent basis. Please note that this role is working the night shift.
As a Food Path Lab Supervisor, the main purpose of your role will be to perform plate counting and confirmation of samples as well as helping in the sample processing lab. As a Laboratory Supervisor you will ideally be an experienced microbiologist with knowledge of food testing, particularly pathogen identification.
Further responsibilities of this Food Path Lab Supervisor will include:
- Providing training as appropriate.
- Reporting to the Micro operations manager
- Supervising other staff in the absence of the Micro operations manager
- Issuing OOS reports
- Performing internal & external quality controls
- Speaking to clients
- Plate reading
- Organising the shifts and holidays in the pathology department
This role will be working on a shift basis, which will be Tuesday to Saturday evenings. Hours are 6pm - 2am with compulsory overtime of up to 1h30 each day.
As a Food Path Lab Supervisor, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) is strongly preferred, however the company can be flexible if the candidate has relevant work experience
- Industrial experience gained in the food industry - essential
- Supervisory experience - essential
- Experience working within a UKAS accredited laboratory
- Experience with the above techniques
- The candidate should be an experienced microbiologist with knowledge of food testing, particularly pathogen identification.
As a Food Pathogen Laboratory Supervisor you will be working with a leading testing company based in Staffordshire. This position will be supervising the night shift.
For more information or to apply for this Food Pathogen Laboratory Supervisor position please contact Brona Law or Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33663 in all correspondence.