Fire and Insulation Innovation Team Leader, Lancs.
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Fire and Insulation Innovation Team Leader to join a coatings manufacturing company based in Lancashire, on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Fire and Insulation Innovation Team Leader, the main purpose of your role will be to focus on researching and evaluating novel technologies and creating new technology platforms to deliver the next generation of Fire and Insulation products.
Further responsibilities of this Fire and Insulation Innovation Team Leader will include: As an Individual:
- Ensure the Fire and Insulation Innovation pipeline is continually at the level agreed by the business.
- Work with the wider technical and marketing teams to ensure alignment on Innovation across the division.
- Identify and propose new technologies for proof of concept evaluation.
- Delivery of projects as an individual contributor, from concept to Commercialisation Laboratory utilising the Stage Gate process.
- Responsible for key decision making on when to close out a technology project.
Attend meetings on behalf of the business both internal and external. As a Team Leader:
Ensure timely delivery of agreed Projects into Commercialisation Laboratory.
- Lead and coach the Innovation team to ensure a common understanding within the team.
- Set clear objectives and deliverables for the team ensuring continued focus on tasks.
- Promote and support a clean and safe work place.
As a Fire and Insulation Innovation Team Leader, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree in Chemistry strongly preferred
- Must have Management/ supervisory experience - essential
- Experience in Fire and Intumescent Coatings - essential
- A broad knowledge of Coating technologies - essential
- Must be a team player
As Fire and Insulation Innovation Team Leader you will be working with a coatings manufacturing company based in Lancashire.
- Reports to: Technical Director
- This role is based in Greater Manchester, Lancashire. Less than 10% travel will be required.
- Please note that this person will still be expected to work in a hands on capacity at the bench in addition to the direct management of 5 members of staff.For more information or to apply for this Fire and Insulation Innovation Team Leader position please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33114 in all correspondence.