Equipment Maintenance Specialist - Berkshire
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Equipment Maintenance Specialist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in Berkshire on a permanent basis. PLEASE NOTE - this is not a hands-on maintenance/engineering role, as you will be interacting with engineering teams and external contractors to facilitate any maintenance and/or repair work. The successful candidate will perform and coordinate laboratory equipment maintenance, liaising between scientists, service providers and engineers.
This is an exciting opportunity where you will be working across three buildings to perform and coordinate laboratory equipment maintenance.
- To maintain and ensure equipment in good service and compliant - daily checks of labels, work orders for lab equipment e.g. Freezers, water baths and HPLC's).
- Point of contact for breakdowns, preventative maintenance or calibration controls activities and liaising between scientists, service providers and engineering department.
- Accountable for equipment stock and inventory management with Kanban approach (visual system for managing work as it moves through a process).
- Partake in laboratory inspections and to identify and escalate issues as required.
- Degree qualified in Sciences or bioengineering or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience working in GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) environment.
- Experience working in engineering environment is desirable.
- Some experience with calibration checks will be an advantage.
- Capable of troubleshooting and resolving issues quickly and effectively.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Graeme Pallas on 0191 384 8905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45719 in all correspondence.