Abbi Carmody at CK Science is recruiting for an Environmental Scientist to join our clients who are Consultants in Damage Assessment & Business Recovery in the damage management industry at their site based in Dinnington on a permanent basis.
Our clients are Independent consultants in damage assessment and business recovery, established since 2007. They are involved in some of the UK's biggest property claims. Using unique damage investigation methodologies and techniques they are able to establish the cause, severity and extent of damage for every type of claim; be it a fire, flood, explosion or biological contamination etc.
This company provides their clients with scientifically and technically supported advice on complex losses in both commercial and residential property. They are a well-established family run business, known and respected throughout the damage management industry.
This role is located in Dinnington . The site is easily commutable from Sheffield, Chesterfield and Worksop.
Following continued success and growth, our clients are now looking to add to their team of environmental scientists. This role will include travel so you must hold a full driving licence and have access to a car.
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, day to day responsibilities would include:
- Carrying out site inspections.
- Carrying out a variety of on-site environment test sampling.
- Analysing test samples, including, Gravimetric moisture testing, Ion chromatography, FT-Infrared spectroscopy, Scanning electron microscopy, DNA sequencing of biological samples.
- Collation of analysis of data.
- Preparing technical reports.
Research and development projects.Your Background:
Capable of delivering a consistent standard of service and information as expected by our clients.
- Process driven, and able to adhere to stringent scientific methodology and processes.
- Analytically minded, with experience of field and/or laboratory testing methodologies.
- Independently minded, with a willingness to balance field-based work with research and development obligations.
- The holder of an honours degree in a chemistry or biology discipline.
- Looking to grow in a customer facing self-confidence and self-sufficiency.
- Full clean driving licence required.
- 37.5 hours per week Monday- Friday.
- £18,000 - £22,000 annual salary dependent upon experience.
- 25 days annual leave.For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Abbi on 01246 457708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46683 in all correspondence.