Environmental, Health and Safety Manager - Cambridgeshire
Are you an experienced Environmental, Health and Safety Manager looking for a new role? I am currently recruiting for an EHS Manager, preferably with process safety experience, to join a chemicals and materials manufacturing company in at their site based in Cambridgeshire on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is a leading global chemical solutions provider with a long heritage of pioneering technologically advanced epoxy, acrylic and polyurethane-based polymer products. On site in Cambridgeshire they have an operational facility comprising of a manufacturing plant, warehousing and administration. The EHS Manager will manage a small team and will hold responsibility for all areas of EHS across a top tier COMAH regulated site. The role will require a hands-on approach whilst also acting in a strategic capacity as part of the Site Leadership team. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including a defined contribution pension scheme, private healthcare, and a non-contractual Incentive Compensation Scheme.
Location: This role is located in Cambridgeshire, easily commutable from Essex, Hertfordshire, Suffolk and Bedfordshire.
The Role: Your main duties will be to:
- Take a leading role in planning, co-ordinating, monitoring and implementing EHS policies and procedures, ensuring all operations comply with relevant legislation and Company standards.
- Act as the Site EHS representative with third parties, including neighbouring businesses, local councils, and regulatory bodies including HSE and the Environment Agency.
- Take proactive steps to develop an environment of continuous improvement for EHS whilst working to a 'Zero Harm' strategy.
- Hold budgetary responsibility for all areas of EHS.
- Supporting line management in implementing changes through the guidance and training of staff.
- Contributing to process safety studies, particularly HAZOPs hazard studies and process hazard reviews.
- Participating in Facility Siting, Hazardous Area Classification and Fire Safety Management studies.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proficient experience as an EHS Manager in a manufacturing and Operational setting with regards to EHS standards and regulations within the chemical sector primarily (Oil & Gas or Pharmaceutical sector experience may be considered).
- Holds NEBOSH certification with a strong track record of EHS Management.
- IOSH or CMIOSH registered or a degree in an EHS or technical discipline preferable.
- Positive influencing and excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to lead and influence others.
- Proactive and highly motivated with EHS project management experience.
- Understanding of Process Safety / PSSRs would be desirable.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45441 in all correspondence.