CK Science are recruiting for an Environmental Consultant to join an environmental consultancy at their site based near Sheffield on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is an environmental consultancy specialising in design and consultancy relating to soil-based reed bed systems for the treatment of contaminated water. The successful candidate will join the company's team of environmental consultants and will take a flexible approach to meet the needs of the project - some days will be office based (writing reports, working on a new reed bed design), other days will be based out on site, in locations across the UK and internationally. This role will entail 25-50% travel both within the UK and worldwide. Reporting to the Director/ Project Consultant, the company offers a salary up to £30,000 per annum depending on experience as well as 23 days' holiday plus standard Bank Holidays.
Location: This Environmental Consultant role is located in South Yorkshire, a short drive from Sheffield. The site is easily commutable from surrounding areas including Leeds, Rotherham, Wakefield, Huddersfield and Doncaster as there are good road links nearby. Please note that it is essential this person is able to drive due to the varied travel involved in the role.
The Role: Your main duties will be to:
- Reed bed consultancy to clients and contractors (training on the technical requirements will be provided but you should be comfortable with client communication).- Report writing and checking.
- Data analysis and interpretation.
- Project work including project management, budgeting and administration as well as record keeping.
- Site visits and client communication.
- Reed bed inspections and maintenance work.
- Maintenance of plant nursery (watering reeds, preparing reed stock, etc).
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Preferably experienced in working in the environmental industry.
- Project management skills and comfortable communicating with clients.
- Ideally degree in science, engineering or similar technical subject.
- Driving licence - essential.
- Capable of explaining technical concepts to a wide range of people.
- Highly numerate with good data analysis skills as well as being fully IT literate with data analysis and report writing skills.
- Willing to work outdoors and occasional manual labour (e.g. planting reeds).
- Any experience with CAD, GIS or in a consultancy or client facing role would be advantageous.
For more information or to apply for this Environmental Consultant position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com quoting job ref 47792.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.