Emulsions Applications Chemist
Are you an experienced emulsions chemist looking for a new role? I am currently recruiting for an Emulsions Applications Chemist to join a materials manufacturing company based in the Greater Birmingham area, on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client manufactures a range of materials with applications in the construction industry, personal care, the O&G sector, pharmaceutical and more. Being part of a larger group, the company has links with other organisations globally. Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Emulsions Applications Chemist develop new, commercially viable products for the business and support the long term business development strategy, as well as leading the emulsion development within the global R&D network. They will also support business development by turning identified opportunities into commercial prospects through customer interaction, by thoroughly understanding the customer's application and by providing solutions to their issues. There is the opportunity for this person to progress to being the emulsions expert within the group. This role will require both hands on work in the lab, and also office- and field-based activities such as meeting customers. Travel will be required to customer sites throughout the UK and within Europe. The company offers a salary in the region of £30-40,000pa depending on experience.
As an Applications Chemist, the main purpose of your role will be to:
- Work with the Emulsions Product Manager and Technical Manager to develop the emulsions development strategy.
- Build a strong technical relationship with customers and suppliers and partner with them.
- Understand the customer applications for our products in order to provide new or improved formulations.
- Work with customers to meet their demands for technical information about our product and the application.
- Support the Sales team with technical information for new and existing products.
- Develop new products to enter new markets within the Company's existing business.
- Ensure optimum balance of application performance with product cost.
- Prepare for and attend customer trials and meetings.
- Test new products and existing products to ensure market understanding.
- Evaluate raw materials and new materials to support the development and innovation pipeline.
- Develop test methods for products developed to transfer through to the quality team.
- Prepare new products through to scale up in to production trials.
- Support QC & manufacturing to ensure the continuity of the formulations.
As an Applications Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Chemistry.
- Proven emulsions R&D experience in industry as well as analysis of the same.
- Experience of developing & improving products.
- Project management skills.
- Scale up experience would be advantageous.
- Previous experience of customer contact in a commercial capacity.- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally with work.
- Driving licence.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com . Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46787 in all correspondence.