EHS Coordinator - Liverpool
Rob Walker at CK Science is recruiting for an EHS Coordinator to join a global pharmaceutical and veterinary health manufacturer. This is a full time 6 month rolling contract position.
As an EHS Coordinator your main responsibility in the role will be to facilitate, drive and co-ordinate all aspects of Environmental, Health & Safety issues within a manufacturing process team. In conjunction with, and under the guidance of, the Site EHS advisors, to provide the necessary technical support such that the process team meets its compliance obligations with regard to Health, Safety & Environmental legislation, and the site EHS Management System.
Further responsibilities of this EHS Coordinator position will be:
- Provision of EHS technical support to process teams
- Supporting the development of team EHS Plan to satisfy compliance requirements aligned with site objectives
- To co-ordinate and carry out; self inspections, incident investigations, Risk & COSHH assessments and develop appropriate EHS procedures
- To review incidents and change controls for EHS impact and participate in project EHS reviews
- To collate and communicate appropriate EHS metrics to team and local management
- To identify team training requirements and deliver training to team members as appropriate
- To support monthly team EHS meetings and be accountable for implementation of actions
- To share metrics and issues with the site EHS team to ensure site-wide issues are recognised
- To provide day-to-day EHS advice to team members
- To participate in site-wide EHS initiatives & programmes as appropriate
- To complete periodic review of EHS documentation such as; COSHH and Risk Assessment
- To drive continuous improvement of Safe Systems of Work - Permit to Work, LOTO, CSE, Hot Work
- To drive compliance and continuous improvement in H&S performance through active monitoring
- To drive a high level of ownership within teams for contractor safety
As an EHS Coordinator, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- NEBOSH certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence at all levels within the organisation
- Good team player
- Good understanding of E,H&S legislation
- Practical experience of E,H&S in a manufacturing environment
- Computer literate
- Experience in a regulated chemical/pharmaceutical environment (eg, COMAH, COSHH, RISK ASSESSMENT)
- Experience of operating within an integrated cross-functional E,H&S organisation
For more information or to apply for this EHS Coordinator position please contact Rob Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH34745 in all correspondence.