Downstream Purification Scientist - North West
Naynesh Mistry at CK Science is recruiting for a Downstream Purification Scientist to join a global pharmaceutical company based in Liverpool on a permanent basis.
Job Summary: The Downstream Purification Scientist is required to develop, optimise and scale-up downstream processes for the recovery and purification of GMP biopharmaceutical products, primarily from mammalian expression systems.
This involves the design and execution of experiments, operating bench / pilot scale chromatography, filtration and centrifugation systems. The Downstream Purification Scientist is required to support technical transfer from partner companies and internally to / from manufacturing teams.
Further responsibilities of this Downstream Purification Scientist position will be:
- To develop, optimise and execute the processes required for the production and analysis of novel classes of bio-therapeutic molecules, to include:
- The development and subsequent scale-up of purification strategies for a wide range of bio-molecules
- The design, execution, analysis and interpretation of experiments
- The operation of bench and pilot scale centrifugation, chromatography and filtration systems
- To work in conjunction the manufacturing, QC, QA
- To work within the GMP production area to deliver batches of bulk drug substance to aid technical transfer, troubleshooting and also routine manufacturing operations
- To actively contribute to continuous improvement projects through identifying areas for improvement and implementing to agreed timescales using operational excellence tools.
As a Downstream Purification Scientist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum qualification of BSc (or equivalent) or a PhD in a science or engineering related field and relevant industrial experience within the field of bio-process development, scale-up or cGMP manufacturing.
- Experience in Mammalian, microbial, Tech Transfer - ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Good oral and written communication skills
For more information or to apply for this Downstream Purification Scientist role please contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457 700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can click on the link below.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33634 in all correspondence.