Downstream Process Scientist
CK Group are recruiting for a Downstream Process Scientist to join a leading drug discovery business at their state of the art facilities located in Slough on an initial 1 year contract.
The Company: Our client is in the business of improving the lives of patients around the globe with a particular focus on neurology and immunology based diseases.
Location: This position will be based on our clients site in Slough.
Downstream Process Scientist Role: As a Downstream Process Scientist you will be responsible for contributing to the development, optimisation and characterisation of downstream processes for the recovery and purification of antibody-based therapeutics.
Further responsibilities will include to:
- Undertake purification process development experiments.
- Assist with the evaluation of new bioprocess technologies.
- Identify and utilise appropriate analytical techniques.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Strong Bachelor's degree, Masters or PhD in a related field.
- Knowledge of various downstream processing tools (in particular Akta and UNICORN-based chromatography equipment).
- Proven experience of protein purification (chromatography and ultrafiltration).
- Understanding of analytical methods (HPLC, ELISA and electrophoresis) for product purity and protein characterisation.
The Benefits: This role will offer the successful candidate an invaluable opportunity to develop their career within the Biopharmaceutical industry.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Downstream Process Scientist position, please contact Georgia Bernard at CK Group on 0191 384 8906 or email email@example.com quoting job reference 48600.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.