Downstream Process Scientist - Slough
Jade Stirk at CK Group is recruiting for a Downstream Process Scientist to join a leading drug discovery business at their state of the art facilities located in Slough on an initial 1 year contract.
The Company: Our client is in the business of improving the lives of patients around the globe with a particular focus on neurology and immunology based diseases.
Location: This position will be based on our clients site in Slough.
The Role: As a Downstream Process Scientist you will be responsible for contributing to the development, optimisation and characterisation of downstream processes for the recovery and purification of antibody-based therapeutics.
Further responsibilities will include to:
- Undertake purification process development experiments.
- Assist with the evaluation of new bioprocess technologies.
- Identify and utilise appropriate analytical techniques.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Strong Bachelor's degree, Masters or PhD in a related field.
- Knowledge of various downstream processing tools (in particular Akta and UNICORN-based chromatography equipment),
- Proven experience of protein purification (chromatography and ultrafiltration).
- Understanding of analytical methods (HPLC, ELISA and electrophoresis) for product purity and protein characterisation.
This role will offer the successful candidate an invaluable opportunity to develop their career within the Biopharmaceutical industry.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jade Stirk at CK Group on 0191 384 8905 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45780 in all correspondence.