Development and Regulatory Chemist - Oxfordshire
Natalie Wood at CK Science is recruiting for a Development and Regulatory Chemist to join a chemical company in the detergents and cleaning industry at their site based in Oxfordshire. This a full time, permanent role, offering a salary of £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
Our client is an independent family owned chemical company who export their industry renowned products to over 40 countries.
This role is located north Oxfordshire. The site is easily commutable from surrounding areas such as Oxford to the south or Northampton to the north, this is via good road links and public transport routes.
Your main duties will be:
- MSDS Authoring (using GHS software), Label approval and UFI submissions.
- Compilation of PIF's (cosmetics).
- Maintenance of GHS software database, ensuring all raw materials and product formulations are up to date and accurate.
- Submitting new cosmetic formulations via CPNP.
- Keeping informed on any legislation changes and deadlines through online channels and attending conferences.
- Review and assessment of supplier regulatory data, management of internal regulatory databases and regulatory support for internal contact in purchasing, production and R&D.
- Ecolabel applications.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities.
- Assisting with product formulation and stability.
- Assisting with preparation of product specifications and preparation of customer samples.
Your Background:The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- This role would be ideal for someone with a strong chemistry background who is interested in gaining further chemical regulatory experience.
- This role would be well-suited to recent scientific graduates, with some experience in the industry, who have a strong desire to progress their learning.
- Scientific degree preferred, but will consider individuals with 1-2 years relevant experience in place of a degree.
- Familiar with GHS Professional hazard communication compliance software.
- An understanding of how the system works alongside the role and importance of material safety data sheets (Further software specific training can be provided).
- An understanding of Regulation EC No. 1272/2008 - CLP, ideally worked under its scope.
- An understanding of Regulation EC No. 1223/2009 - Cosmetics, ideally worked under its scope (rinse-off cosmetics, mainly).
- An understanding of Regulation EC No. 528/2012 - Biocidal Product Regulation.
- An understanding of Regulation EC No. 1907/2006 - REACH.
- A strong ability to process and interpret large volumes of information.
- Proactive - to keep up to date with ever-changing legislation.
An excellent salary of between £25,000 and £30,000, depending on experience, also excellent scope to develop and progress your career.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45776 in all correspondence.