Sarah Farrow at CK Science is recruiting for a Development Chemist on behalf of a leading manufacturer of cosmetics to be based at their site in Peterborough on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of your role will be to:
- Research, develop andmanufacture innovative and cost effective products.
- Manage current and new technical projects.
- Develop effective customer relationships to build expertise in customer processes.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that products are developed in compliance with safety and legal procedures.
- Generation of safety and product dossiers for new products.
- Generation of product prototypes for the business development teams.
- Review technical data arising from testing and following up on deviations and out of specification results.
- Approving stability testing of skincare products.
- Working with raw material suppliers to ensure that product quality requirements are maintained.
- Routine maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Maintaining continuous professional development through attendance at relevant seminars and events.
To be considered for the position, you should ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working in formulations chemistry position, ideally in the cosmetics industry.
- A BSc (or equivalent) in chemistry would be beneficial for this position.
- Experience in formulation of hair care products or skin care products would be beneficial for this position.Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3706486 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference number 49111