CK Group are recruiting for a Development chemist to join a coatings manufacturer at their site based in Bolton on a permanent basis. The role offers a salary of 19,000- 23,000 depending on experience.
Our client are leading manufacturers specialising in producing high quality paints and coatings since 1925. They manufacture and supply high quality paints to create a superb finished product.
Your main duties will be:
- The development of new products, modification ofexisting products and production of samples for customer evaluation, in line with the companies Q.A. procedures
- Liaison with Laboratory Manager and Sales Management in respect of new product development.
- Investigation of Customer complaints inrespect of both new and existing products.
- Documentation of all development work in accordance with the companies Q.A Manual.
- Observation & Documentation of Weathering, Corrosion Resistance and Mechanical Tests.
- Liaise with supplier representatives regarding new raw materials and product development.
- Have a thorough understanding of all Laboratory Quality Control Procedures, Laboratory Machinery and Safety Products.
- To assist in the Quality Control Department as a when necessary- Supervise trial production batches for new products
The ideal candidate for this role will have
- Ideally 1- 2 years experience within the coatings/paints industry working within formulation development and coating
- BSc / MSc in chemistry or a related subject (desirable, but not essential)
- Demonstrable working knowledge of formulation, milling, coatings and additives etc.
- Confident and clear communicator at ease delivering results informally to colleagues and formally in presentations
- At ease working in groups, individually or with industrial collaborators
- Quick learner, able to adapt to a rapidly changing, innovative environment
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety
- Competent PC user with experience of using Microsoft products
For more information or to apply for this Development chemist position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 50003It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK