Development Chemist - Staffordshire
Are you a development chemist looking for your next role in industry?
We are recruiting for a Development Chemist to join an adhesive manufacturing company based in Staffordshire, on a full time, permanent basis offering a salary of between £25,000- £34,000.
As a Development Chemist, you will be working as part of a small team, responsible for the continued development of our range of products for the contract flooring market which include flooring adhesives, substrate preparation products and reactive systems
Further responsibilities of this Development Chemist will include:
- Management and control of small projects to evaluate new raw materials and assess the effectiveness of minor changes to existing formulations.
- Manage, plan and organise large projects to meet objectives agreed with the Development Manager and Development Committee.
- Evaluate competitors' products and provide an objective appraisal of performance compared to product standards.
- Maintain safety data sheet filing system for new raw material samples and finished products.
- Undertake relevant CoSHH and Risk Assessments when necessary.
- Provide technical advice to internal personnel and external customers.
- Supervise factory trials when necessary and assist with field testing of new and existing products, where relevant.
- Liaise with technical representatives of raw material suppliers and keep abreast of new developments relevant to the construction industry, including overseas technical meetings.
- Ensure the working environment and all equipment is kept clean and in a tidy condition; with samples, chemicals, etc. correctly labelled and safely stored.
- Maintain awareness of relevant aspects of the Company's ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 systems and ensure compliance at all times.
To be successful in this role you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Good understanding of chemistry, mathematics and science.
- Over 3 years previous experience in a similar field.
- Good communication and computer skills.
- Understanding of safe working practice in laboratory environment.
- A scientific/ technical degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science and/or Material Science would be an advantage.
For more information or to apply for this Development Chemist position please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45224 in all correspondence.