Development Chemist - Staffordshire
Are you an experienced Development Chemist looking for a new role? We are recruiting for a Development Chemist to join a manufacturer of construction materials based in Staffordshire, on a full time, permanent basis.
This person will report to the Laboratory Development Manager and would best suit an experienced applicant with knowledge of formulation of construction materials. In return for a hard working attitude, the company offers a salary between £25-35,000 depending on skills and experience in addition to a bonus scheme, pension scheme, healthcare, dental care scheme, life cover and more. Holiday also increases with each year's service up to a limit.
Responsibilities of this Development Chemist will be:
- Responsible for implementing new or alternative raw materials.
- Keeping own knowledge and the Company abreast of latest technology and innovation.
- Drive cost engineering to improve company profit while maintaining product quality and performance.
- Keep an informative relationship with new and existing suppliers to benefit innovation, product development & cost efficiency of products.
- Provide support and analysis for products under quality investigation.
- Support manufacturing operations & quality control at times of need with focus on maintaining quality production throughout.
- Take responsibility and supervise plant trials on new developments and ensure quality & production are fully supported in handover of formulations.
- Maintain laboratory records and data system for projects and products for which you have responsibility.
- Have responsibility for constant improvement of standard operating procedures within your work environment.
- Have input into creating & amending all Technical support literature for products for which you have responsibility.
As a Formulation Development Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Proven industrial experience of working with construction materials such as cements, bitumens, aggregates etc. - essential.
- Experience of working in a formulation and development laboratory environment that has direct responsibilities to a production facility.
- Excellent communication at all levels.
- Structured and concise report writing.
- Positive attitude, self motivated and a good team player.
- Valid driving license.
For more information or to apply for this Development Formulation Chemist position please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email email@example.com . Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45050 in all correspondence.