Development Chemist, Greater Manchester
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Development Chemist to join a coatings and related products manufacturing company based in Greater Manchester, on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Development Chemist, the main purpose of your role will be to work closely with the Marketing, New Products and Production departments. The work will involve seeing a wide variety of development projects through from their initial concept and formulation work, through their development, on to final approval, into production to the marketplace.
Further responsibilities of this Development Chemist will include:
- Assisting in the formulation and development of new products & formulations.
- Developing new and improved test methods to improve formulations.
- Liaison with suppliers to achieve best performance with modern raw materials.
- Supporting sales/marketing functions in the provision of information for customers.
- Helping Production/Operations to resolve problems as they arise.-Communicating at all levels within the organisation
- Providing technical support to sales, production, purchasing, quality and marketing
- Understanding customers' needs in a fiercely competitive market
- Resolving these problems as they arise-This list is not intended to be inclusive or exhaustive, just an overview of the position.
As a Development Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree level or equivalent standard in Chemistry or other relevant science - essential
- Industrial experience in a similar role (e.g. placement year etc.) - strongly preferred
- UK Driving Licence - essential
- The ability to communicate confidently and assertively at all levels in the organisation - essential
- Experience of development or surfactant chemistry would be useful, to encompass cleaning chemicals, hard surface cleaners, I & I products, polymers, FMCG etc.
- Knowledge of specifications, regulations and technical writing would be useful.
- A high level of computer literacy.
- Experience of chemical analysis would be advantageous e.g. FT-IR, XRF, GC-MS, ICP etc.
- Experience of working with FMCG products in a lab/customer environment would be an advantage.
- An enthusiastic and professional manner.
- Keen eye for detail with a methodical and logical approach.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and issues simultaneously to meet deadlines.
As Development Chemist you will be working with a coatings and related products manufacturing company based in Greater Manchester.
- Hours of Work: 8.00 am - 5.00 pm (40 hours per week)
- 33 days holiday per year including bank holidays plus free car parking
- This is an outstanding opportunity for a qualified graduate chemist to join an established Research and Development team.
- This role is to start ASAP and interviews will take place in July 2015.
- This role would best suit an entry level candidate preferably with some industrial experience.
- The ability to drive with own transport is also essential due to the requirement to travel between sites.
For more information or to apply for this Development Chemist position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33185 in all correspondence.