Continuous Improvement Officer - Oxford
Jason Johal is currently recruiting for a Continuous Improvement Officer to join a world leader in Gene and Cell Therapy with a valuable portfolio of candidates in the areas of oncology, ophthalmology and CNS disorders. Based at their site in Oxford this role is offered on a full time permanent basis and with a competitive salary + benefits
The purpose of this role is to lead and support continuous improvement (CI) activities across manufacturing facilities, delivering improvements in quality, increasing efficiency and reducing costs. You will also be accountable for the design, implementation and communication of CI projects.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
- Working alongside the manufacturing teams and support functions to identify and implement improvements to production processes, systems of work, and facility to reduce deviations, increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Taking accountability for the design, implementation and communication of CI projects within agreed timelines to ensure smooth functioning of manufacturing activities.
- Propose and implement solutions for the bottle necks within processes associated with manufacturing activities.
- Ensure better utilisation of available resources by minimising waste along with safety and quality risk by reducing loss of batches.
- Find solutions for recurring deviations and quality defects to prevent batch loss.
- Lead and motivate the personnel involved in implementation of CI projects.
- Motivate manufacturing teams and support functions to propose and help implementing CI changes.
- Communicate the progress and implementation of projects to senior management and various departments across all sites.
- Liaise with manufacturing teams and support functions to ensure that projects are prioritised and completed in timely manner.
Key skills and requirements for this Continuous Improvement Officer position will include:
- A degree in science related subject or equivalent· A strong background of manufacturing activities within GMP clean rooms in Pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical industry.
- Green belt certification is desirable. Understanding of CI tools such as Lean, Kaizen, six sigma, etc is required.
- A proven track record of significant time, quality and cost savings through application of continuous improvement practice.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make informed, data-driven decisions.
- Ability to multi task projects with competing priorities.
The company values include ambition, recognition and innovation; enabling them to commit to solving unmet medical needs. If this sounds like the sort of environment that you would like to work in, then we would love to hear from you.
For more information or to apply for this Continuous Improvement Officer position please contact Jason Johal on +44 (0)1438 842963 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST42226 in all correspondence.