CK Group are recruiting for a Consultant Chemist to join a consultancy company at their site based near Cambridge on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is provides consultancy services to a range of clients in the consumer, food and beverage, medical and industrial sectors. The company has received substantial investment in new laboratories and research centres and they are now growing. They have an opportunity for a Consultant Chemist to join the team which would suit someone who enjoys using technology to solve complex challenges, and who enjoys learning. This role will be partly office based and partly lab based, depending on the needs of the project. There will be some travel required, both in the UK and abroad.The company is committed to career development as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
Location: This Consultant Chemist role is located near Cambridge which is easily commutable from surrounding areas including Stevenage, Bedford,Newmarket, Luton and more.
Your main duties will be to:
- create, analyse and develop new technologies
- apply technical expertise to effectively consult on the use, analysis and characterisation of chemicals and processes for use in a range of different applications
- develop methods, technologies and applications to meet tight specifications set by clients
- lab testing, analysis and experimental investigation
- technology scouting
- project management of smaller projects
- support sales with technical content and project definition
- solve complex problems using world-class scientific skills on a wide range of projects including:
- Feasibility assessment informed by practical experience and analysis
- Proof-of principle demonstration
- Creative problem solving and concept generation
- Technology scouting
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- A degree or equivalent in Chemistry - essential, ideally with a PhDin Chemistry
- Hands on lab skills gained in a non-academic setting
- Proven experience of applying core Chemistry skills in a consulting, industrial or similar environment
- Innovative and creative outlook
- Keen to be conducting both office based and practical laboratory research
- An interest in applying subject knowledge to the development of devices and new products
- Excellent knowledge in one or more of the following: Biological Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Food and Beverage Chemistry, Formulation, Physical Chemistry
- Willingness to travel internationally with work
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Consultant Chemist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246457702 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 50625.