Computational Genetics Scientist
CK Group are recruiting for a Computational Genetics Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical organisation at their research and development facilities located in Slough on an initial 18 month contract.
The Company: Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company whose medicine treats thousands of patients around the world who live with severe diseases.
Location: This role is located on a well-established biopharma R&D facility based in Slough. There are good transport links whether you drive or even use public transport. Slough is a great place to live and work and is easily commutable from Reading, Oxford and London.
Computational Genetics Scientist Role: Your main duties will be to:
- Quantify the likelihood of success of a drug target based on multiple metrics derived from human genetic association data.
- Access, extract and utilise all necessary data (genetic and clinical) to support the analysis, from available databases (in-house and external).
- Develop and implement innovative analytical approaches using human genetic data for drug discovery e.g. gene and pathway-level burden tests.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Direct experience of analysing and using genetic data generated through multiple platforms and associated analytical approaches.
- Expert knowledge of statistics, with specific experience in, and application of statistical genetics.· Expertise in methods for functional interpretation of genomics data such as variant and gene pathway mapping and enrichment.
- Advanced computational skills: proficiency in using R, python, SQL, bash and experience of working in a cloud environment.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Computational Genetics Scientist position, contact Georgia on 0191 384 8906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 48322.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.