Commercial Technical Co-ordinator - Merseyside
Are you an experienced waste chemist or technical assessor looking for a new role? I am currently handling an opportunity for a Commercial Technical Co-ordinator to join a hazardous waste management company based in Merseyside, on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Commercial Technical Co-ordinator you will support all internal and field sales activities: to operate the company's technical classification, routing and pricing enquiry process in line with the company's business management system, pre-acceptance procedures and strategic direction as communicated. This role will report to the Senior Commercial Technical Co-ordinator and the company offers a salary in the range of £25k -£27k depending on experience, as well as 23 days holiday + bank holidays.
Further responsibilities of this Commercial Technical Co-ordinator will include:
- Receiving enquiries by phone and email
- Accurate processing of data onto the management system software
- Completing accurate desktop assessments of safety data sheets, waste declaration forms and analytical reports
- Routing wastes in line with receiving sites permit requirements, business strategy and waste hierarchy
- Assisting the sales force with technical enquiries
- Efficiently managing non-conformance reports and closing out NCRs within prescribed timelines
- Working closely with the Technical and Site Managers
- Carrying out all other reasonable duties in line with Management requests and ability
As a Commercial Technical Co-ordinator, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to a minimum of HNC standard or equivalent in chemistry - essential requirement.
- Educated to Degree standard in chemistry preferred.
- Prior experience working in the hazardous waste industry - essential. Preferably in a similar role.
- Ability to drive with own transport - essential requirement.
- Assessment and routing of waste experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional inter-personal and communication skills with a friendly telephone manner and good organisation and planning ability
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44655 in all correspondence.