Colloid Science Manager - Sedgefield
Are you an experienced Colloid Scientist with people management skills, looking for a new role? I am currently recruiting for a Colloid Science Manager to be based at my client's site in Sedgefield, on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company:Our client is involved in a number of high profile collaborations, working in partnership with industry to develop next-generation products and processes. They work across a diverse range of markets, including Healthcare, Food & Agriculture, FMCG, Electronics, Energy, Transportation and Construction. This Colloid Manager will manage a team of circa 10 people with the aim of delivering significant and growing projects across multiple sectors in formulation, and also to provide solutions to complex technical problems. As the Manager, you will be responsible for your team's technical delivery of projects. The company offers a salary in the region of £50,000 - £65,000 depending on experience along with a highly competitive benefits package including family friendly policies, flexible holidays, holiday purchase schemes, a generous pension plan, training and development opportunities, life assurance and accident insurance schemes.
Location: This role is located on the NETPark estate, which is an internationally recognised hub for science and technology companies. The site is easily accessible by car from the A1 and the A19, and has good public transport links across the North East.
The Role: The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Supervise and manage team and day-to-day operations, develop and implement an operational plan and objectives for the Colloid Science team, aligned with formulation strategy, in order to realise the agreed objectives and targets.- Ensure development, retention and use of specialist knowledge and expertise in Colloid Science and provide solutions to complex technical problems, within formulation strategy and business needs, in order to gain insight into new developments and contribute to the realisation of project objectives.
- Maintain consistent and documented compliance with all relevant Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE), quality and best practice requirements.
- Act as line manager for all direct reports. Conduct performance appraisals and implement personal development planning for the team.
- Attract, lead, coach, appraise and develop staff in the team to provide appropriate depth of both expertise and leading edge equipment.
- Act as technical lead and/or act as project manager in relevant projects in the portfolio.
- Work with the Head of Technology to develop and deliver programs that will deliver the formulation project portfolio by scientific understanding in Colloid Science and in particular the ability to translate this knowledge to effective technology transfer programs.
- Keep up with external developments in Colloid Science and ensure development, transfer and retention of new and state of the art knowledge.
- Provide specific technical support to the Business Development Team relating to proposal/project development and direct customer engagement.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to at least PhD level or equivalent in chemistry and preferably in colloid science.
- Equivalent industrial experience in colloidal science may be considered.
- Ideally considerable expertise of the management and development of international teams.
- Significant demonstrated experience in the delivering innovation projects in the Colloid Science area is essential.
- Significant, demonstrated, technical mastery in the development of Colloid Science as well as a compelling track record of complex technical problem solving.
- Long track record, of exploiting, generating and defining areas of Colloid Science and breaking new ground in those areas.
- Will exhibit professional mastery of principles and practices gained through deep development in the area of Colloid Science.
- Able to effectively use Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ideal candidate will be committed to, and actively seek opportunities to develop themselves within this new and exciting role.For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please click the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45753 in all correspondence.