Collaborator Project Manager (Cell Therapy)
Naynesh at CK Science is currently recruiting Collaborator Project Manager. This is a unique position with a major initiative that has and continues to help develop the UK cell and gene therapy industry. Its vision has always been for the UK to be a global leader in the development, delivery and commercialisation of cell and gene therapies and a place where collaborating businesses can start, and confidently grow. With custom built research and manufacturing faculties with more than 170 employees focusing on cell and gene therapy technologies, it works with partners in academia and industry to ensure these life-changing therapies can be developed for use in health services throughout the world. The overall aim is to make the UK the most compelling and logical choice for UK and international partners to develop and commercialise these advanced therapies.
If successful you will be enabling companies to progress product into the clinic and ultimately to market and you will be having a direct impact on the Cell Therapy Industry in the UK and most importantly changing patients' lives. This role is offered on a full-time permanent basis and comes with a salary of £55,000 + benefits.
The purpose of this role is to facilitate relationships with academic & industrial collaborators utilising the space and facilities in a brand-new purpose-built Manufacturing Centre in Hertfordshire through the on-boarding process and once in place building strong working relationships. You will also manage other projects related to the continuous growth of the Manufacturing Centre and the cell and gene therapy cluster.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Facilitate the lifecycle management of collaborators coming into and leaving the Manufacturing Centre
- Provide support to the Business Development team and the Senior Collaborator Project Manager, including activities such as hosting potential collaborator visits/meetings, preparing costings and assisting with negotiations and writing contracts.
- Work closely with the Operations Lead and Senior Collaborator Project Manager on the collaborator on-boarding process, moving collaborators into the Manufacturing Centre in an efficient and effective manner ensuring that both the collaborators and company expectations are achieved in terms of budget, quality and timelines.
- Manage collaborator manufacturing schedules during routine operations and Manufacturing Centre planned events such as a facility shut down.
- Manage the day to day relationship with collaborators once within the Manufacturing Centre. Act as the first point of contact between the collaborators and report observations to the senior management team.
- Liaise with the collaborators and the Manufacturing Centre Engineering, Warehouse, Technical Services, Quality Assurance and Quality Control teams
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Proven experience of working within a GMP environment preferably in cell and gene therapy.
- Proven relationship management in the biologics contract manufacturing, or similar industry.
- Scientific background in cell and gene therapies.
- Resilient and able to work well under pressure, able to prioritise a heavy workload and work both reactively and pro-actively
- Excellent people skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of customer needs
- Strong influencing and leadership skills
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and build rapport and trust
- A good team player with a hands-on approach
- Willingness to travel, must be flexible to travel between locations as required
- MSc or BSc in a relevant biological or commercial discipline.
For more information or to apply for position please contact Naynesh on +44 (0)1246 457703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46547 in all correspondence.