Coatings Applications Chemist
CK Group are recruiting for a Coatings Applications Chemist to join a chemicals manufacturing company at their site based in Preston on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is a fast-growing speciality chemical company with expanding global sales. Specialising in polyurethane and epoxy chemistries, this Applications Chemist role is ideal opportunity for a chemist with coatings development and formulation experience to join the applications department working in support of the global commercial team. The ideal candidate will be business driven, results oriented and will like working closely with customers in a problem solving environment. The labs were purpose built in 2014-2015 at an investment of £3m, and is their centre of excellence for PU. There will be the occasional requirement to travel in the future in this role, however it will be primarily lab based. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits as well as flexitime, and the opportunity to developwithin the team to possibly manager level in the future.
Location: The Coating Applications Chemist will be based in Preston, easily commutable by road from surrounding areas including Blackburn, Blackpool, Southport, Wigan, Bolton, Manchester,Liverpool and elsewhere.
Coatings Applications Chemist Role: Your main duties will be to:
- ensure that the Applications Department delivers projects on time and fit for purpose
- provide hands on laboratory support to complete the relevant customer application projects
- develop, test and manage new and existing guide formulations and sample panels
- provide technical solutions leading to sales
- prepare and help the Application Department for applications training for the company's global network of distributors and customers
- support in the carrying out and evaluation of application tests for new product developments in confirming suitability for launch to market
- occasional travel to customers depending on the projects
YourBackground: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following essential skills and experience:
- Proven formulation and development background gained in an industrial laboratory
- Outgoing personality with excellent communications skills and able to build lasting relationships
- The ability to explain products, understand problems and solve them
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational skills including being able to manage time efficiently, product and delivery reports effectively
- Good presentations skills for presenting to customers and senior management
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Chemistry
- Strong organic and/ or polymer knowledge preferable
Entitlement to work in the UKis essential. For more information or to apply for this Coating Application Chemist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com . Please quote reference 50617.