Coatings Analytical Supervisor
CK Group are recruiting on an exclusive basis for a Coatings Analytical Supervisor to join a coatings manufacturing company in the chemical industry at their site based near Ilford, on a full time permanent basis.
The Company: Our client manufactures coatings and paints primarily supplied into the automotive sector. They are now looking for an Analytical Supervisor to join the paint testing lab, to manage 2 members of staff. This person will supervise and lead the day to day operation of theAnalytical & Paint Test Laboratory, ensuring effective operation of the laboratory in accordance with targets for performance and development. The company are looking to offer a salary in the region of £35,000 - £40,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Location: This role is based near Ilford which is easily accessible by road from Romford, Enfield, Brentwood, Harlow and surrounding areas by road. Free parking is provided. The ability to drive with car would be preferable but the site may also be reached by public transport.
Coatings Analytical Supervisor Role: Your main duties will be:
- Coordinating a skilled team of chemists such as day to day management of the workflow through the laboratory and the development of the team.
- Ensure that responsibility for quality testing is devolved throughout the team - this person will be available in the laboratory as well as providing support to the R&D and Sales and Marketing teams.
- Promote efficiency improvements and drivedown process issues and inefficiencies.
- Seek to improve and develop techniques to characterise and solve problems occurring, from customer complaints, warranty claims or general support.
- Work closely with team members on both paint testing andanalytical projects on a day-to-day basis and play a key role in shaping the successful progress of the laboratory into the future, including further development of quality systems to include ISO 17025 accreditation.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- In depth experience of analytical & paint testing laboratory environments and systems including FTIR Spectroscopy, GC, GC-MS.
- Knowledge of paint evaluation concepts includingOEM specifications, method documents, statistical process control and method analysis.
- An understanding of people management including strong communication and team work skills, being able to interact with all levels of management and customers.· Demonstrate a good understanding of the requirements of quality standards including IATF 16949. Knowledge of ISO 17025 would be an advantage.
- Analytical chemistry degree or equivalent.
- Ability to drive with own transport strongly preferred.Apply: For more information or to apply for this Coatings Analytical Supervisor position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting job reference 49954.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.