Chromatography Technician G2
Mary Bolt at CK Science is recruiting for a Chromatography Technician to join a company that provide scientific and technical support to the food and drink industry worldwide through a wide range of analytical testing and research activities. This position will be based at their site in Gloucestershire on a permanent basis.
Our client of services from analysis, testing and operational support to knowledge management using their industry-leading facilities, expertise and knowledge. The Chromatography Section comprises several teams of analytical chemists testing food samples for chemical contaminants and nutritional components using chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques.
This role is located in Gloucestershire on the edge of the Cotswold's and the site is easily commutable from surrounding areas such as Cheltenham and Worcester.
Your main duties will be to:
- Be responsible for the extraction and routine analysis of food stuffs and associated materials using instrumental methods e.g. HPLC and LC/MS/MS.
- Book in samples, prepare samples and report results to clients as well as producing accurate laboratory records, calculate results, collate data for inclusion in scientific reports and produce reports for bespoke and routine analysis.
- Ensure all aspects of quality are managed according to company standards, including maintaining QC records for tests undertaken.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Developing methods for sample extraction, clean up and analysis of analytes by LC/MS/MS for routine and analysis and troubleshooting.
- Basic maintenance and calibration of equipment, in particular LC/MS/MS and HPLC systems.
- Responding to client enquires relating to testing within the section.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant scientific field and experience of working with chromatography techniques desirable, particularly LC/MS/MS and HPLC.
- The ability to undertake routine analysis with minimal supervision.
- Good organisational skills in managing own workload and good written and verbal communication skills.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Mary Bolt on 01438 768717 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46516 in all correspondence.