Chemist/Product Technologist - Suffolk
Oliver Care at CK Science is recruiting for a Chemist/Product Technologist to join a chemical manufacturing company in the resin and coating industry at their site based near to Cambridge on a permanent basis.
Our client are an internationally renowned chemical manufacturing company, with a recent multi-million pound investment they have increased production and are ever growing in the specialist coatings industry.
This role is located close to Cambridge. The site is easily commutable from the surrounding areas via public transport and a good road network.
Your main duties will be:
- Formulating new products, supporting production and providing a technical service to the companies customers.
- Manage product development, setting targets and monitoring progress.
- Provide adequate technical support to Sales Managers and customers.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Keep an informative relationship with new and existing suppliers to benefit innovation, product development & cost efficiency of products.
- Liaise with QC and production and provide adequate technical support to production.
- Monitor existing products for performance and technical consistency.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A degree, or higher, in a chemistry or polymer related field or equivalent experience.
- Surface coating and alkyd resin experience.
- Experience as a development chemist or similar and working with external clients or customers.
A competitive salary of between £25,000 and £35,000, depending on experience.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Oliver Care on 01438 842 976 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45106 in all correspondence.