Chemist - Norfolk
Jocelyn Blackham at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Chemist to join a waste management company based in Norfolk. This role is offered on a full time temporary basis for one month initially, with the strong possibility of extension.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Assist in sampling, weighing and inspecting incoming waste loads
- Perform confirmatory tests to verify compliance with site permit & current legislation
- Complete analysis via COD, BOD, Suspended Solids, Ammonia and pH among other tests as required
- Assist in the preparation, storage and processing of incoming liquid and solid samples
- Assist in interpreting and reporting of analytical data, liaise with the directors and departmental managers to facilitate compliance with the sites environmental permits
- Ensure loads are labelled correctly and paperwork is completed
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety and good working practice
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc or HND in Chemistry or a related discipline (or equivalent)
- Good written and oral communication skills as well as good maths and IT skills
- Excellent knowledge and application of the field of chemistry
- A methodical and thorough approach to work
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a waste management company based in Norfolk.
For more information or to apply for this Chemist position please contact Jocelyn on +44 (0)1438 723 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST34961 in all correspondence.