Chemical Regulatory Compliance Manager
CK Science are recruiting for a Chemical Regulatory Compliance Manager to join a chemical manufacturing company at their site based in Leeds on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is part of a larger organisation and provides excellent benefits. Primarily offering lubricant solutions to industry, the company is now looking for a Chemical Regulatory Compliance Manager to join the team of chemists and engineers. With a salary in the range of £25-35,000 per annum depending on experience, the company offers 25 days holiday + bank holidays, as well as a holiday buy and sell scheme. Benefits also include a bonus scheme, generous pension, and working hours of 35 per week (some flexibility offered in working times). Please note there will be a lot of verbal communication required in this role, liaising with internal departments (lab, sales, marketing, factory, warehouse etc.) as well as externally (customers, suppliers etc.) so the successful candidate will be happy to help, able to take the initiative, and treat each call as a sales call.
Location: This Compliance Manager role is located in Leeds and is easily commutable by road from the surrounding areas, as well as by bus and train from some locations.
Chemical Regulatory Compliance Manager Role: Your main duties will be:
- The successful delivery of chemical and regulatory compliance projects relating to the company's products and the industries they are used in.
- Ensuring the continued compliance of company products to key regulatory and industrial standards, e.g. NSF and ISO 21469, EU REACh, CLP regulations.
- Curation of Safety Data Sheets for company products, for CLP and other relevant regions e.g. OSHA.
- Working with customers to specify and apply company products when they have specific chemical compliance requirements.
- Managing systems, internal and external resources for delivering product compliance.
- Identifying areas for quality and efficiency improvement.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this Chemical Compliance Manager role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry.
- Relevant industrial experience in chemical compliance, for example having worked as a Chemical Regulatory Compliance Manager/Formulation Chemist with compliance duties/in a quality systems role with some responsibility for chemical compliance.
- Project management skills and able to deliver on projects that cross business functions.
- Familiarity with using/managing/optimising compliance, quality and other business processes.
- Able to communicate detailed compliance matters to non-expert colleagues/customers.
- High standards for customer service and treats each customer interaction as having commercial value.
- Work well as part of a team.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote 47787 in any correspondence.