Chemical Production Manager
Do you have experience of leading people in a chemical production environment and are you looking for a new opportunity with an expanding company? I am currently recruiting for a Chemical Production Manager to join a leading manufacturer of laboratory instrumentation and consumables to be based at their site in Gateshead on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is a well established manufacturing company, supplying their products worldwide. They offer excellent opportunities for career development and progression. Reporting to the Chemical Process and Product Manager, the successful Chemical Production Manager will have the opportunity to influence the future direction of the company's product improvement strategy and deliver real solutions to water testing problems on a global scale. Working in a small team made up of chemical process operators, the role involves managing all aspects of the chemical manufactured products. Hours are 38 per week, Monday to Friday.Location: The site is easily commutable from across the North East of England, with good road links, based close to the A1. The area is well serviced by public transport.
The Role: The main purpose of your role will be to improve and effectively manage the quality of existing products, as well as managing a small team of chemical operators involved in the manufacture of chemical products. This person will also be required to supervise visitors to the Chemical Production department.
- Lead, manage, coach and develop your team of production operators whilst delivering key business driven targets.
- Planning and organising production schedules.
- Overseeing production processes.
- Responsible and accountable for the safe execution and delivery of the manufacturing schedule.
- Ensure Best Practice in terms of quality, 5S and Health & Safety.
- Work closely with Engineering in ensuring maintenance schedules are managed effectively.
- Develop and improve SOP's and working practices.
- Maintain departmental and company data via core documents and technical reports, in accordance with ISO procedures.
- Support the Chemical Process and Product Manager and assist with technical or quality issues.
- Maintain 5S and lead small scale 5S/continuous improvement activities.
- Introducing new equipment and processes where necessary.
- Experience of working in chemical manufacturing environment is essential.
- Proven experience of managing, leading and develop a team is essential.
- A qualification in a science or manufacturing discipline.
- Knowledge and experience of chemical manufacturing processes/equipment.
- Experience of Continuous Improvement practises would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of Six Sigma/LEAN manufacturing activities and implementation a distinct advantage.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with a proven track record of implementing improvements.
- Excellent organisational, planning and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to introduce new equipment and/or processes into the manufacturing department.
- Ability to write clear proposals and technical reports.
- Works well under pressure.
- Desire to progress within the organisation.
To be considered for the position you should be an experienced supervisor or team leader, who has worked in a fast paced production environment. Experience of working in a chemical, pharmaceutical or related technical manufacturing environment would be highly beneficial for this position.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47004 in all correspondence.