Chemical Process Operator - Halifax
Alex Tosney at CK Science is recruiting for a Chemical Process Operator to join a leading speciality chemical manufacturer based in Halifax. This is a temporary position with an initial contract of 2-3 months.
Your main responsibility in this Chemical Process Operator role will be to operate all plants and equipment in a safe, environmentally compliant and effective manner, as part of a team to meet production schedules and targets.
Further responsibilities of this Chemical Process Operator position will be:
- To operate all plant and equipment in a safe, environmentally compliant and efficient manner so as to maximise the sites potential profitability while complying with internal rules and policies and external regulations.
- To follow defined process instructions and quality procedures.
- To manage the receipt/unloading of bulk raw materials, loading/dispatch of bulk product and packing out and labelling of products as required.
- To maintain a good standard of housekeeping of the plant and adjacent areas.
- To maintain good, accurate process records on time and in full.
- To carry out laboratory testing. Data entry onto and use of LIMS.
- To prepare the plant for maintenance work.
- To ensure that complete and accurate handover occurs between shifts.
- To take prompt and appropriate action in the event of an emergency.
- To take an active part in accident/incident investigations.
- To conduct safety, environmental, production and housekeeping checks and audits
- To submit maintenance requisitions and incident reports where necessary.
- To communicate effectively with line management, other departments and contractors to ensure the safe, environmentally compliant and efficient operation of the plant.
- To use SAP to ensure timely booking of batches and to monitor raw material, finished product and order status.
- To help in the implementation of company initiatives (i.e. WCM, OEE).
- To provide training as required.
- To use the Fork Lift Truck as required to meet the demands of the job.
- To assist Maintenance or Logistics/Production Support personnel as instructed by Team Leader/Line Management.
- Any other reasonable request
As a Chemical Process Operator you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Ideally have valid FLT licence
- Experience working in a similar role
- Experience of working in a Chemical plant environment
- Awareness of handling hazardous chemicals
Please note this is a shift role and will involve working 12.25hr shifts. 4 days on, 4 days off.
For more information or to apply for the position please contact Alex Tosney on 0114 2839956 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33237 in all correspondence.