Chemical Manufacturing Production Manager
I am currently recruiting for a Chemical Manufacturing Production Manager to be responsible for daily production activities. The successful applicant would join this long-established successful paper coatings, adhesive and speciality chemicals blending company based in Greater Manchester on a full time, permanent basis.
The company is the UK arm of a privately-owned group creating product concepts primarily for the tissue industry and the paper industry. The UK company provides sales, technical support, R&D, and manufactured products to its customers. The expectation is for high quality processes for assured performance products for our FMCG customers. ISO, HACCP, cGMP, 5S are part of the daily work. In addition to good chemistry knowledge the candidate should have experience of scheduling production and materials in a batch or similar manufacturing environment. The role would suit an experienced chemistry based graduate production professional or similar.
Depending on experience, the company will offer a salary in the region of £36,000 per annum and benefits include BUPA healthcare, pension, laptop and phone.
Responsibilities of this UK Production Manager will include:
- Manage production control activities to ensure availability and minimise incidents.
- Manage production planning and scheduling for on-time delivery.
- Implement staffing changes for 6-day production at the appropriate point.
- Recommend process improvements for higher quality, cost effectiveness and excellent customer services.
- Evaluate production performance and recommend improvements.
- Member of the UK Supply Chain Team responsible for production KPI's.
- Supervise team members in their assigned job duties.
- Organize job trainings to employees to achieve production objectives.
- Ensure that team follows security and safety policies.
- Review the work orders with production team to set schedules.
- Monitor execution of work orders and adjust job schedule to meet the deadlines.
- Communicate the status of job orders to sales office on regular basis.
- Prioritize and plan production activities and own wagon schedules to maintain on-time delivery.
- Review daily reports to identify and address equipment malfunctions, material shortages and other factory problems.
- Determine equipment, materials and staff needs to meet production schedule.
- Degree Qualified Science or Engineering at a good level.
- Chemical knowledge.
- Chemistry A-level or equivalent.
- Extensive supervisory experience.
- Management of staff experience in a production environment.
- Experience with HACCP in a food environment or similar.
- Quality standards qualification/ISO trained 9001/14001.
- Health and Safety: IOSH or higher qualification, or similar.
- Practical experience of pumps and fluid handling, mixing processes.
- Understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Knowledge of steam systems, and cooling processes.
- Continuous improvement techniques/trained. (5S)
- Perform inventory management for timely delivery and for minimizing transportation.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Abbi Carmody on 01246 457708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46475 in all correspondence.