Cell & Gene Therapy Team Lead - Oxford
Jason Johal is currently recruiting for a highly motivated and experienced Team Leader to take a key role for a world leader in Gene and Cell Therapy at their site in Oxford on a One year fixed term basis.
This role will be based within the Process R&D group (PR&D) which has a core function within Manufacturing Development and experienced scientists and engineers focused on all aspects of upstream and downstream development. PR&D takes processes from the laboratory “bench” scale and applies process expertise and engineering fundamentals for systematic evaluation, optimisation and understanding for delivery to Manufacturing.
As a Team Lead you will be accountable for the effective high performance of a team of scientists, with a tactical focus on day to day management.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
- Providing line management to a team of scientists to contribute to the overall group objectives in line with company objectives.
- Responsibility for day to day operations within the team.
- Ensuring all direct reports or persons involved in projects are fully trained and maintain a high standard of record keeping and documentation of experiments so that information is clearly captured, disseminated and reported.
- With the Group Lead, ensuring processes are developed with a view to application within GMP Manufacturing.
- Providing upstream/downstream expertise and contributing to process design and scale-up to deliver new and improved bio-manufacturing processes based on Quality by Design (QbD) using DoE, which can be operated within a GMP environment profile.
- Progressing the process development projects, optimisation and scale-up activities for the manufacture of gene-based medicines (both internal and external programs).
- Supporting the development and implementation of manufacturing processes/continuous improvement programmes.
- Contributing to cross departmental activities and providing expert advice and technical input where needed.
Key skills and requirements for this Senior Manager position will include:
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant science (or equivalent)
- Relevant, practical industry experience in executing cell culture/upstream/downstream projects/activities
- Proven line management experience
- Broad practical expertise and knowledge in upstream cell culture and/or downstream purification process development /virology /analytical techniques
- Experience in process design, optimisation and scale-up of bioprocesses to support clinical development.
- Practical knowledge of process characterisation / validation.
The company values include ambition, recognition and innovation; enabling them to commit to solving unmet medical needs. If this sounds like the sort of environment that you would like to work in, then we would love to hear from you.
For more information or to apply for this Team Lead position please contact Jason Johal on +44 (0)1438 842963 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST42229 in all correspondence.