Category Manager - Glass & Plastics - E.Mids
Naynesh Mistry at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Category Manager (Glass & Plastics) to join a leading global life sciences company to be based in the East Midlands on a permanent basis.
- The Category Manager (Glass & Plastics) will work with the European Category Director and Global Category and leads to develop portfolio, category, and supplier strategies for a select group of suppliers within the Chemicals portfolio for Europe.
- You will translate those strategies into local business strategies and programs to drive revenue and profit for the division and corporation.
As a Category Manager (Glass & Plastics), responsibilities include:
- Development and execution of a European portfolio / supplier strategy for the chemicals group of products and suppliers he/she manages. This should encompass portfolio expansion, product margin improvement, supplier funding and support of 'Share of Wallet' initiatives.
- Ensuring that European strategies are fully aligned with Global Product Management strategy through close working with the respective Global Lead. Equally, ensure those agreed strategies are communicated with the Commercial Product Management team and other functions (Sales, Marketing), such that they can execute them at a local level.
- Establishing strong, commercially effective relationships with the European leadership team of the key suppliers in their categories (business, sales and marketing leaders).
- Travel on an as required basis to maintain strong relationships with the suppliers, as well as providing support to field sales organizations at regional meetings and with customers.
- Managing the annual price roll for setting list pricing with associated focus on obtaining and agreeing supplier cost pricing.
The successful Category Manager (Glass & Plastics) will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in business, operations, or a scientific field (Preferably Chemistry related). An advanced degree in business or science is preferred.
- Candidates must have relevant commercial experience.
Potential candidates should have relevant experience in at least two (and preferably more) of the following areas:
- Prior commercial experience in a product management, merchandising or marketing organization
- A technical background in science, chemical engineering or research, to include an awareness of technology trends and the evolution of chemistry and scientific applications.
- Previous experience with category management
- Industry-related experience in laboratory products and chemicals
Contract negotiations with detailed and complex terms in such areas as pricing, delivery, support and services
Willingness to travel within country/region up to 20% is expected
Excellent interpersonal, customer orientation and problem solving, can-do attitude
Multi tasking experience and flexibility to address immediate priorities and still manage deadlines with longer-term projects and strategic initiatives.
Have an excellent command of internal systems; identify patterns and trends within data to assist with category analysis that will demand excellent knowledge of research tools e.g. Excel and Business Intelligence systems.
If successful you will be joining one of the leading global life sciences companies in the UK.
To apply for this Category Manager (Glass & Plastics) position contact Naynesh Mistry via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01246 457700 or please click on the link below.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33297 in all correspondence.