Business Development Manager, Home/London based
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join the Chemical Industries Association on a full time, 2 year fixed term basis.
The Chemical Industries Association (CIA) is the organisation that represents chemical and pharmaceutical businesses throughout the UK. They represent all sizes of chemical and pharmaceutical businesses & are based in Westminster, London. CK Science & the CIA are working together exclusively in this recruitment.
As a Business Development Manager, the main purpose of your role will be to lead & drive business development for the CIA, focusing on new member companies & paid-for member services which will generate profitable revenues.
Further responsibilities of this BDM will include:
- Developing a continuous strategy to deliver a range of commercial opportunities & services for members
- Researching & recommending new commercial member services in accordance with the agreed strategy & based on rigorous business cases·Delivering & executing the approved business cases to budget & to deadline
- Developing operational procedures & processes to ensure the efficient delivery of such services
- Developing & managing a quality control system to measure the effectiveness & success of such commercial member services
- Working to ensure synergy, relevance & operational effectiveness for such services
- Identifying & sourcing market leading providers to deliver commercial member services
- Managing relationships with providers, negotiating & managing service level & contractual agreements
- Presenting & facilitating issues on commercial member services to internal & external stakeholders & the wider audience on behalf of the Association
- Developing a marketing strategy for commercial member services & coordinating necessary arrangements with the Communications Director to ensure the visibility & success of the new services
- Developing & managing the annual budget for the provision of commercial member services
Key Relationships include directors & all staff (internally), & existing member companies, potential member companies, associate members both existing & new, chemical industry suppliers & chemistry-using companies (externally).
As a BDM, you will have the following qualifications, skills & experience:
- Extensive experience of working in a commercial development, business development or strategic partnership role
- Proven experience in the management of activities in line with agreed strategic objectives & budgets
- Preferably degree qualified in a scientific/technical subject, however BDM experience is of utmost importance
- Experience within a professional institution, membership body or trade association
- Experience of developing affinity partnerships & commercial deals
- Good understanding of contract negotiation, terms & conditions & service level agreements
- High level communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Ability to identify, drive & champion new projects for development activity
- Significant project management experience
- Capacity to exercise sound & independent judgement; tactful and diplomatic
- A professional, client facing demeanour
- Logical thinker, numerate & results driven, with good analytical skills and able to communicate complex requirements
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Strongly motivated to achieve results and provide a high quality customer service & experience
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently but with strong accountability, communication and relationship skills
- Willing & able to undertake a reasonable amount of travel - UK wide
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes Word, Excel & Outlook
As Business Development Manager you will be working with the Chemical Industries Association.
- Please note that this role is a 2 year fixed term contract
- This role can either be based in London or, preferably, working from home. Proximity to chemical manufacturing companies (i.e. the North West of England) would be best
- This person must be willing & able to undertake a reasonable amount of travel, UK wide, including London for the initial period
- Salary will be competitive plus bonus & company car
- Responsible To: Chief Executive
- Face to face interviews will take place at the CIA's premises in London in August/early September.
For more information or to apply for this BDM position please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33075 in all correspondence.