Business Development Manager- Food Testing
Are you an experienced Business Development Manager with a food and laboratory testing background? If so, Abbi Carmody at CK Group is recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join a company in the Food Testing industry at their newest food testing laboratory to be built in the UK based in Hemel Hempstead on a full time, permanent basis. This role can be partially home based but you must attend the office once a week for meetings and training. Please note that the salary range for this role is a guide- get in touch for further information.
Our client's new food testing laboratory, has a footprint of 27,000 sq/ft and houses our purpose-built microbiology and pesticide testing facilities for routine food testing. Their UKAS ISO 17025 scope of accreditation covers a very wide scope of microbiology, nutrition and pesticide testing. Their new lab provides pesticides, microbiology, contaminants, and nutritional testing for the food and allied industries.
This role is located in Hemel Hempstead but this role can be part home based. You would be required to travel to the site at least once a week and for meetings. There will also be some travel included.
- To maximise the company's market-share within the Food testing industry. This can be achieved by identifying leads, securing new accounts and developing business within a competitive market.
- To build strong customer relationships and maintain an exceptional level of service to existing clients.
Role Accountabilities and Main Duties: Manage with a strong objective to maintain and build on the following:
- To sell current services by engaging with the client, understanding the technical requirements and translating it to a solution that can be provided by the laboratory.
- To focus on the key areas of microbiology and nutritional testing within the food and related industries.
- To be an ambassador for the company identifying and promoting the business ethics of the wider industry by attendance of professional meetings, conferences and exhibitions.
- To be confident in customer facing, identifying new customers and arranging visits both on and off site.
- Work towards KPI's that have been specifically set to allow transparency to the business.
- Identify new opportunities within the industry sector served, and analytical capabilities. Participate and inclusion for providing on going ideas and visions which can be fed into the commercial strategy of the business.
- Maintain documentation, management of personal pipelines and records of sales to agreed timescales
- Provide forecasts, propose and manage the sales budget allocated
- Assist by contributing general marketing - Web-site, publicity material, technical bulletins
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Ability to influence key decision makers.
- Self-motivated, personally resilient and disciplined.
- Thrives on a challenge, possesses excellent team working, verbal and communication skills.
- Strong organisational and presentation skills.
- Ability to understand customer requirements and translate them into viable business development opportunities.
- Comfortable spending approximately 80% of working time in the Field.
- Degree in Microbiology or proven experience in working in the prescribed field
- Previous account management/customer service experience/sales experience preferred however full training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Good communicator with experience and confidence of presenting to both internal and external audiences
- Full, clean driving license.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Abbi Carmody on 01246 457708 or email ACarmody@ckgroup.co.uk. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46502 in all correspondence.