Bioscience Scientist - Saffron Walden
Jenni at CK Group is recruiting for a Bioscience Scientist to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Saffron Walden on a 6 month contract basis.
The Company: Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a major UK presence. Their purpose is to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines for global health challenges. They believe that the best way they can help patients is to be science-led and share their passion with the scientific, healthcare and business communities of the UK.
Location: This is an excellent opportunity to be based in our client's offices in Saffron Walden. The site sits within Chesterford Research Park which is set within 250 acres of idyllic parkland near Cambridge – modern, dynamic, flexible facilities perfectly appointed for biotechnology, pharmaceutical and technology R&D companies of all sizes.
The Role: This is an opportunity to gain drug discovery experience and work for 6 months in the in vitro Oncology bioscience group as a laboratory based scientist. Working with a team of bioscientists you will help deliver robust and high quality in vitro data to support drug discovery projects within the Oncology portfolio.
Key accountabilities include:
- Delivering high quality in vitro data to support Oncology portfolio
- Generating and maintaining clear experimental records
- Presentation of data
Your Background: Education, skills and experience required include:
- Typically a graduate in cell biology, biochemistry, pharmacology or equivalent
- Good understanding of a range of in vitro cell based techniques and assays
- Experience of mammalian cell line tissue culture
- Ability to design and conduct experiments and develop methods
- Ability to generate and maintain clear experimental records
- Ability to clearly present experimental results
- Understanding of cancer cell biology
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jenni on 01438 768 710 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45163 in all correspondence.