Bioinformatics Scientist - Cambridge
Jade Stirk at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Bioinformatics Scientist to join a growing spin out company from the University of Cambridge specialising in the discovery of epigenetic biomarkers and development of clinical diagnostic assays. Based on site in Cambridge this position is available on a contract or permanent basis.
Currently embarking on a series of exciting diagnostics development projects, our client is looking for a highly motivated Bioinformatics Scientist in the Precision Bioinformatics domain to work in Primary Analysis and LIMS software.
As a Bioinformatics Scientist you will:
- Work in the Bioinformatics group to process and deliver a variety of data analyses.
- Work in LIMS software management.
- Use and maintain core analysis infrastructure, reporting and documentation.
- Support wet lab members in sample and workflow management, primary analysis and meta data reporting.
- Execute, improve, and further enhance next-generation sequencing (NGS) analysis workflows.
- Collaborate deeply with other members to ensure a smooth, end-to-end workflows that integrate with external organisations.
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree or Masters in Bioinformatics, computer science or software engineering.
- Experience in processing large-scale next-generation sequencing datasets (Illumina and others).
- Demonstrated proficiency in both Python, Perl, R or similar programming languages.
- Strong experience with Unix/Linux HPC environment.
- Clear understanding of bioinformatics tools used for alignment and genome or epigenome analysis.
- Attention to detail and enjoys working in an exciting R&D setting in the creation of new tools.For more information or to apply for this Bioinformatics Scientist position please contact Jade Stirk on 0191 3848905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45617 in all correspondence.