Biochemistry Research Scientist
CK Group are recruiting for a Biochemistry Research Scientist/Assay Scientist to join a multinational clinical-stage cell & gene therapy research company to be based at their site near Hitchin on a permanent basis.
The Company: The organisation has a strong reputation for their technical and strategic expertise within the cell and gene therapy market across Europe and places a strong emphasis on innovation and ability to make a difference to the patients.
Location: This role is located in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. The site is easily commutable by both train and road having strong rail networks with London and being reachable from the M1, M25 and A1(M).
Biochemistry Research Scientist/Assay Scientist Role: The successful Scientist will be primarily responsible for assay establishment, team training and assay qualification. You will express, purify, and characterise proteins, and initiate the development of biochemical/biophysical and cell-based assays in support of candidate characterisation and selection.
- This role will primarily be lab based.
- The hands-on development and establishment of suitable biochemical and enzymatic assays to monitor target activity.
- Protein expression, purification, and characterisation to enable candidate selection.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences or related field or equivalent level of work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop biochemical, biophysical and/or cell-based assay techniques suitable for measuring and characterising enzymatic activity (i.e. ELISA plus others, e.g. HTRF, reporter gene, MSD, Octet, etc).
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience in enzymology.
- Knowledge and experience of contemporary protein expression and purification techniques.
- Evidence of scientific accomplishments in the form of publications, patents and/or presentations would be preferred.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Biochemistry Research Scientist/Assay Scientist position, please contact Naynesh on 01246 457703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 48611.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work the UK.