Bakery Technologist - Gloucestershire
Naynesh Mistry at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Bakery Technologist to join a leading Food R&D company based in Gloucestershire on a permanent basis.
Job Summary: The job holder will work on projects ranging from analysis to practical baking, NPD and training. Projects can range from long term bakery development to test baking of individual ingredients. The candidate will be required to interact with clients, both internal and external, to generate project proposals, discuss findings and write coherent reports. The role requires a sound understanding of baking and bakery science as well as the application of technology and practical baking
As a Bakery Technologist you will:
- Manage and undertake work on behalf of clients
- Write reports for contract and research projects
- Provide advice to clients
- Identify new business opportunities
- Contribute to idea generation for bakery science and research
- Generate proposals for client work
The successful Bakery Technologist will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Graduate or equivalent, possibly with some post graduate experience. A degree in food science is preferable, but food technology, engineering or biochemistry would be considered.
- Proven competence of working in a food research, preferably bakery related, environment. This could be experience gained as part of a degree course.
- Experience in using instrumental techniques, ideally this would be equipment for bakery analysis, which includes texture analysis, C-Cell, RVA, DSC and rheometry. However, a bias towards using such equipment would be sufficient.
- Experience in data analysis from the above texture methods.
If successful you will be joining one of the leading Food and Drinks R&D companies in the UK with excellent benefits.
To apply for this Bakery Technologist position contact Naynesh Mistry via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01246 457700 or please click on the link below.CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH34724 in all correspondence.