Associate Scientist/ Biologist
CK Group is recruiting for an Associate Scientist/ Biologist to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire on a contract basis for 12 months. Up to £13.65 per hour.
Our client is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery of strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Their mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
This role is located in Stevenage which has excellent commuting links to London (30 minutes) and the North. A mixture of new and old, the town has an abundance of history and social activities, restaurants, bars, cinema complex and leisure park.
In recent years our client has been working with a range of cell and gene therapy assets. More recently they have secured a significant collaboration in the T-cell immunotherapy field. The team is growing rapidly to enable delivery of a multiproduct pipeline and building a world-class capability in CMC/supply to ensure their positioning as a leader in the gene therapy field. A critical part of this growth will be providing support for implementation of important experiments within range of cross-functional areas within cell and gene therapy product development labs. As such another Scientist is required to join the team to carry out the following duties:
- Responsibilities include preparation of medium, cell culture, formulation of cells and viral vectors, analytical testing of cells and viral vector as required
- Work in a cross-functional environment to support the formulation development work for cells and viral vectors
- Implement directions from and work closely with scientists across teams to ensure appropriate experiments are completed in a given timeframe
- Execute experiments based on established protocols and provide support to other staff in their experiments
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment and critical reagents
- Have awareness of, and comply with, all required safety regulations and procedures
- Support/prepare accurate records of experiments by use of electronic lab notebooks and reports
- Support/conduct data analysis, collation of results/data and communication of results/conclusions
Your Background: Basic Qualifications required:
- BS and/or relevant experience in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, gene/cell therapy, biopharmaceuticals, vaccines.
- Experience of working in lab using techniques related to media preparation, aseptic handling, cell culture and analytical methods.
Preferred Experience includes:
- Mammalian cell culture, both primary and cell lines.
- Cell isolation, characterization, manipulation and expansion.
- Cell and viral vector formulation
- Analytical techniques for cell and viral products
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Julie Marshall on 01438 768 710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46255 in all correspondence.