Associate Analytical Scientist
CK Group is recruiting for an Associate Analytical Scientist to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Ware on a contract basis for 12 months with an hourly rate of between £11 - £13 per hour DOE.
The Company: Our client is a global healthcare company who take on some of the world's biggest healthcare challenges. They provide health benefits to patients and consumers and have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
The Location: This role is located on a state of the art R&D facility based in Ware, Hertfordshire. The town lies on the north-south A10 road which is partly shared with the east-west A414 (for Hertford to the west and Harlow to the east). Trains run from London Liverpool Street to Ware and take approximately 45 minutes.
- Performing data management and some data interpretation tasks including recording results effectively in a laboratory notebook or computer with minimal supervision. (i.e., data collection and organisation).
- Operating laboratory equipment with minimal supervision including HPLC.
- Executing experiments based on established written or unwritten protocol and carrying out basic interpretation of results with minimal supervision.
- Identifying problems in the execution of experimental processes and in results.
- Communicating data and results in technical memos/reports.
- Anticipating/recognising potential problems with equipment/supplies and initiating action to address or prevent problems.
- May contribute to writing internal reports.
Your Background: Bachelor's Level Degree in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical engineering or equivalent. Knowledge or practical experience of HPLC is essential. Previous experience of testing Solid Oral Dosage forms would be beneficial however training can be provided. Articulate communicator both written and orally. Excellent numeracy and literacy. Able to use computers for data collation, processing and reporting of results. Work to high quality standards and GMP following suitable training. Good interpersonal and team working skills. Ability to prioritise own workload to ensure deadlines are met.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Julie on 01438 723500 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47476 in all correspondence.