Assistant QC Laboratory Manager
Jason Johal at CK Science is currently recruiting for an Assistant Laboratory Manager to join a privately owned pharmaceutical company which manufactures and distributes pharmaceutical and healthcare products to the UK market. They offer a wide range of products and services which includes specials, generic drugs, branded medicines, parallel trade and over the counter (OTC) medicines. With over 1000 employees and still growing they believe that investing in their people has been the key to their success.
The Assistant Laboratory Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the QC Chemistry laboratory, involved in the analysis of pharmaceutical raw materials, active ingredients and finished products. Leading a large team of 25 QC staff they will ensure laboratory compliance is met with internal, external and regulatory requirements for stability /release testing, method development and validation. This role is offered on a full time permanent basis.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Perform Data/Document checking approval for development and release purposes
- Be responsible for QC compliance in accordance with GMP (GQCLP).
- Provide leadership and management within the laboratory through a structural process of objective setting, performance appraisals and individual development.
- Improve the overall department productivity and efficiency in order to meet KPI's.
- Ensure robust training and self-inspection programmes within the laboratory.
- Review SOPs, investigations, specifications, methods and validation reports.
- Implement new processes and procedures within the department
- Maintain the risk-based and scientific-based quality system as part of the Quality unit.· Establish and maintain efficient workflows to ensure operational excellence.
- Lead internal and external QC audits.
- Lead OOS/OOT investigations.
- Assist the Laboratory Manager with any duties required
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Bachelors gegree in a scientific discipline or equivalent
- Pharmaceutical EU MHRA audit readiness and lead experience
- Experience working with multiple dosage forms, ideally tablets, capsules, creams and ointments is desirable
- Supervisory/management experience
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to use own initiative
- The ability to work in a fast pace environment
- The ability to meet tight deadlines
- The ability to effectively deal to conflict
- High attention to detail
- Strong Organisational skills
If you successful you will be joining a pharmaceutical company that has continuously grown in a systematic and consistent manner expanding its product line by acquiring licenses rapidly. Currently, they have more than 2000 licenses with several licenses in the pipeline enabling them to provide more options to their customer base which includes 50% of the market share of the estimated 6000 UK independent pharmacists.
For more information or to apply for this Assistant QC Laboratory Manager position please contact Jason on +44 (0)1438 723 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST33619 in all correspondence.