Assistant Information Scientist - Part-Time
Tenni Cole-Etti at CK Science is recruiting for an Assistant Information Scientist to join a company in the Food and Drink industry at their site based in Surrey on a part time, permanent basis.
This is a part time role approximately 3 or 4 days.This role will be within the Information Services department which provides support and services both to members and clients as well as providing an enquiry service, and internationally recognised databases and publications.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Co-ordinate researchers and information updates
- Answer and / or refer internally enquiries from members, other clients and colleagues
- Assist with contract work
- Provide assistance with other information searching and publications/alerts including proof reading
- Assist with Newsletter production
- Undertake such other duties as may, from time to time, reasonably be required by the Information Services Manager
- Work with the whole Information department, and other departments to provide support across the food and drinks industry
- Develop self to enhance performance and professionalism
- Create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships across the organisation
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc or equivalent in Information Science accredited by CILIP or related subjects
- A qualification in science would be an advantage
- Excellent awareness of current information science practice and use of modern technologies in providing information in the most appropriate format.
- Preferably scientific background or experience in the food and drink industry
- Excellent all round IT skills
- Well-developed communication skills - upwards, downwards and outwards
- Skilled report writing and presentation skills
- Good communicator with proven client skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing Food & Beverage company, who in return offer a salary depending on experience, coupled with excellent benefits and opportunities to progress your career.
For more information or to apply to the role of Assistant Information Scientist, please contact Tenni on 01438 842 974 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST34709 in all correspondence.