Tenni Cole-Etti at CK Science is recruiting for multiple Assay Scientists to join a global provider of proprietary diagnostic tools, consumables and reagents for the Life Sciences industry, initially based at their site in Hertfordshire but with the intention of moving to Cambridge.
We require a highly motivated Assay Scientist/Cell biologist who has had previous experience of working on screening and characterising protein fragment technologies or antibodies for therapeutic applications in either the academic or biotech sector. Your role will be to setup and develop a range of cell based/binding assays to support Affimer screening, characterise our lead molecules for biological functionality and to support our pre-clinical assay development/cell biology needs.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Design, develop and validate assays including sandwich ELISA, receptor binding and cell-based activity assays to investigate/characterise target based binding of Affimers (e.g. for epitope mapping, affinity measurements and biological responses)
- Perform routine cell and biochemical techniques, cell-based assays, and cell line analysis
- Perform functional cell assays (e.g. survival, proliferation, apoptosis, cytokine secretion, cell signalling)
- Maintain primary, transient and stable mammalian cell lines
- Isolate specific cell types from human peripheral blood to be used in assays
- Develop and validate assays to quantify Affimer levels in sera to determine the in vivo pharmacokinetics of our molecules
- Present work/data to clients and writing scientific reports
- Maintain a current and accurate laboratory record (lab notebook) of all activities
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A BSc/PhD degree in cell or molecular biology focusing on immunology or oncology (or equivalent).
- Laboratory experience of working with and developing assays for therapeutic protein scaffolds or antibodies.
- Being able to demonstrate a strong ability to develop target binding (e.g. RBA, ELISA, Alpha-screen and HTRF) and phenotypic based assays (phosphorylation, cell proliferation etc.) using a range of techniques (e.g. Western blot, flow cytometry, confocal microscopy and IHC)
- Experience of isolating, working with and maintaining primary cell lines in culture
- Being able to carry out mammalian transfections with plasmid DNA and maintain transient or stable mammalian cell lines
- Previous experience of molecular biology or small scale protein expression and purification would be an advantage but is not essential
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team environment with a conscientious attitude and enthusiasm
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a company providing instrumentation, consumables and reagents for life science researchers.
For more information or to apply for this Assay Scientist position please contact Tenni on 01438 842 974 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST33531 in all correspondence.