Assay Development Scientist
Graeme Pallas is recruiting for an Assay Development Scientist to join a newly formed company. This organisation is a joint venture between two global electrical and software companies. The group provides laboratory automation solutions (lab-on-a-chip technology) comprising of hardware and software product components from their site in Oxfordshire. In this role, the successful candidate will be joining a multi-disciplinary team developing new products based on their proprietary lab-on-a-chip platform.
This position is offered on an initial 1 year contract basis.
The main purpose of the role will be:
- Designing and implementing automated assay protocols and workflows on the lab-on-a-chip devices
- Tailoring assay design and conditions for optimal on device performance and analysing performance data
- Coordinating and conducting quality testing including verification and benchmarking against conventional techniques
Further responsibilities will include:
- Defining assay specifications to meet given product requirements including acceptance and tolerance criteria
- Working closely with the hardware and software engineering teams to develop, test and troubleshoot the system design
- Coordinating assay verification and validation activities
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A PhD (or equivalent) in chemistry/ biochemistry or related field
- Experience in the analysis and handling of biomolecules
- An understanding of Quality Management Systems, preferably ISO13485
- Preferably experience working in biochemistry laboratories and familiarity with biological hazards and safe working practices for biological material handling
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small, dynamic, fast-growing company where you will be able to make a direct impact on the success of the organisation and to assume wider responsibilities as the operation expands.
- Annual sporting allowance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/sick pay
- Childcare vouchers
- 8% employer contribution pension
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Graeme Pallas on 0191 384 8905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46378 in all correspondence.