Assay Biologist - Cambridgeshire
Jade Stirk at CK Science is recruiting for an Assay Biologist to join an innovative drug discovery and development company at their site based in Cambridge on an initial 6 month contract.
The Company: Our client is a leader in drug discovery and development to fight against cancer and diseases of the central nervous system.
Location: This role is located on the Cambridge Science Park which has good transport links and is easily commutable from Bury, Peterborough or Stevenage.
The Role: As an Assay Biologist you will be laboratory based and involved in the evaluation of compounds in a variety of enzyme and cell-based assays. You will also be responsible for:
- Screening compounds using biochemical assays.
- Mammalian tissue culture and techniques such as proliferation assays.
- Data handling and interpretation of assay data, accurate record keeping.
- The ideal candidate for this role will be educated to degree level in a biology-related subject.
- Prior experience in compound screening in in vitro biological assays (biochemical and/or cellular) would be an advantage (e.g ELISA, Fluorescence Polarisation, Time resolved fluorescence, Absorbance/Fluorescence assays).
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jade Stirk on 0191 3848905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45172 in all correspondence.